People with excess weight usually mengasup too many calories in the foods they eat, so the unused calories will be stored as fat and gain weight.
In fact, when the body is just excess calories by 20 calories only then may gain 1 kg a year. And conversely, if you can reduce your calorie intake by 20 calories per day, then in a year you can lose weight by 1 kg.
Well, now we are going to play simple math. According weightloss.com, half a pound of body fat is equivalent to approximately 3500 calories. So, to lose a pound of body weight in one month, you need to do is cut out about 100 calories per day.
Perhaps you will say that this is too long and a waste of time because your weight is only down about 6 pounds a year. But keep in mind, research has shown that people who lose weight slowly are more consistent in running the diet program than those who prefer instant diet program.
In addition to cutting calories from food, there are other ways to maximize your weight loss program, by increasing your daily physical activity. For example, to burn the excess 250 calories, you can walk for 30 minutes every day. If you consistently do that, it is not likely you can successfully lose weight as much as 16 pounds in a year. Easy is not it?
Here are 10 small changes you can do to cut 100 calories a day in order to achieve your ideal weight.
- Eat 2 poached eggs instead of 2 fried eggs
- Choose 1 orange or 1 apple instead of ‘snacking’ biscuits
- Include fruit at breakfast so full longer
- For half the bag of your favorite potato chips with friends
- Drink plenty of water instead of drinking a sugary-sweet
- If you’re used to eating out, reduce your habit by half. Food outside often high in sugar, fat, and additives harmful
- Always include vegetables in every meal
- Diligent cleaning such as sweeping and mopping floors
- Walking 30 minutes after waking
- Biking 20 minutes each day
The main purpose of what we are discussing here is to make small changes in your life that can be run on an ongoing basis in order to achieve your ideal weight. Good luck!