At age five, children should be able to manage their natural call to go to the toilet. If he is still having trouble with urination affairs, immediately give assistance. If not addressed, not just a nanny who will rush, the child can also feel the negative impact of the inability to control the urge to pee.
Sani B Hermawan psychologist explains, ideally after five years of age should children stop bed-wetting. Because, at the age of 18 months children have started to be invited to switch from diapers to toilet. At that time, his bladder muscles are more mature.
At that age, children are generally well able to understand simple commands. He was able to hold urine for two to three hours. Just watch pipisnya cycle. Provide a potty chair is comfortable and attractive. Then, in a fun, take the child to urinate.
What about older children still wet the bed like? “The causes vary, including parenting among parents and the parents are not consistent,” he explained.
In addition, children do not run consequences or punishments given parents when he wet the bed. “This is because the kids are lazy, unwilling to obey the rules,” he added. Not only that, children who are too tired during the day can also trigger he wet the bed at night. “This is because the activities spur peristaltiknya movement,” he said.
Other causes, could be because children consume too much soda. However, children bed-wetting, according to Sani, also because there are abnormalities in the child’s organ. “Try to observe where the cause is most appropriate to the child’s condition and provide appropriate assistance.”
What about children who likes wetting during the day? Child wet his pants during the day usually because he held his pee. Most likely he’s lazy, scared, or being engrossed in play. Consistency needed for a child custody lawyer is not merely relying on diapers.
Then, how to cope with children who still wet the bed like? The habit of bed wetting in children is not easy. Required a strong role of parents and children themselves. “To address the child not to wet the bed have to do toilet training,” said Sani.
Toilet training is the way the child to control urination habits. This process takes time, understanding, and patience. The most important point is that parents can not expect to quickly direct the child to use the toilet. “But, at the age of five years, this training must be successfully done,” said Sani.
If not successful, the child will experience psychological disorders. Children become less confident following the wet pants. “That’s why the ability to urinate in the toilet is considered as a major achievement for the children,” said Sani.
A. Before bed take the child to urinate in advance
2. Children wake after sleep at night to urinate. If the eight-hour sleep time, wake after sleep 4 hours a child
3. Reduce drinking soda. Sodas contain metabolic stimulant that triggers the child urinate.
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Give consequences for children who like to wet the bed. Encourage children to wash former ompol, lifting sheets, and a pair of former ompol. There should be awareness that there are consequences when the child wet the bed.
6. Use anti-wetting alarm. For example, at certain hours to teach kids pee in the shower. For a rather large child would understand, but for small children is very challenging. They should be reminded.
7. Parents should remind their children will achieve to urinate in the bathroom every hour or an hour and a half in the afternoon. At night, the parents should be diligent in reminding children up to urinate. This will make the child does not urinate lazy.
8. Parents should also be sensitive, monitor children who are getting restless when they wanted to urinate. By then immediately take the child to the bathroom.
9. There should be cooperation and for the duties between husband and wife.
10. Do not give your child’s diaper condone urinating in bed or in the pants.